To begin the Certificate of Recognition testing by the EDPA, the candidate must start by completing and submitting the following with the Application:
Credential Documents (copies of):
- EDPA Certification Certificate
- License(s) held in State you work in. (if state requires)
- Continuing Education Documentation (last two years)
- Reference Letters: 2 clients and 2 Veterinarians
PART 1- PRACTICAL LIVE HORSE TESTING
1. Submission of 4 cases of various ages and various degrees of difficulty
a. Various ages:
i. 1 case of a 2-4 year old
ii. 1 case of a 5-10 year old
iii. 1 case of a 11-20 year old
v. 1 case of a 21+ year old
2. Each case study MUST be submitted with the following:
a. A DETAILED dental chart with Recommendations
b. EDPA Small Equine Testing Supervising Veterinarian Evaluation Form
c. LABELED Before and After Photos
i. Incisors: Left, Central, and Right Views
ii. Intraoral: Clear Views of All Arcades!!!
1. 100 and 200 arcades together
2. 300 ad 400 arcades separate (together only if both arcades can be seen
d. Photos of any tooth extractions and any other pathology that you note.
e. Side picture of the entire horse/ Equipment candidate used
• FLUSH ORAL CAVITY BEFORE TAKING ALL PHOTOS!
Unclear photos will be disqualified!!
The 4 case studies will be reviewed by the evaluation team within 60 days. The candidate will be notified by the Certification Director via email if they passed or failed. Passing candidates will move on to the next testing process.