Certificate of Recognition
We are providing better care for horses overall and dental challenges that we see as horses age requires an
acquired skill set. By mastering these skills, we have an opportunity to raise the standard of care for our aging patients. Elevating the standard of care is part of the mission of the EDPA.
Currently, the EDPA provides approved certification for entry-level skills as required for licensing. In addition,
the EDPA provides annual education programs as a commitment to lifelong learning; which is the obligation of every licensed professional regardless of their profession.
The EDPA is committed to providing focused and competent dental care for the horses we serve. Our older
geriatric horses require additional education, training, and experience in order to meet their needs. Therefore,
as we strive to raise the standard of care, we are required to meet those goals.
The EDPA is offering a Geriatric Certificate Recognition testing process for those members who have already
completed the EDPA Certification Testing. This testing process will require a 2-year commitment for testing
completion. At the end of the testing process, the candidate will receive a….
Certificate of Recognition in Geriatic Equine Dental Studies and Testing
You will be able to display or advertise the certificate as part of your credentials.
** NOTE: You cannot use the term “Specialist or Specializing”. That term is reserved for Board Certified
individuals by recognized specialties within the American Veterinary Medical Association
(AVMA) and subsequently reserved for veterinarians.
Payment Breakdown for EDPA Certified Members: Total fee for Geriatric Testing is $300
1. $50 Evaluation Fee; due when submitting the first set of case studies
2. $50 Evaluation Fee; due when submitting the second set of case studies
3. $200 due prior to final Testing. An invoice will be sent
Payment Breakdown for EDPA Certified Non-Members: Total fee for Geriatric Testing is $500
1. $100 Evaluation Fee; due when submitting the first set of case studies
2. $100 Evaluation Fee; due when submitting the second set of case studies
3. $300 due prior to final Testing. An invoice will be sent
To begin the Geriatric Equine Certificate of Recognition testing Online Application is Preferred IF You Can Not Apply or Submit Forms Online Please Download the Geriatric Certificate of Recognition Testing for instructions to complete the process by mail.
To begin the Certificate of Recognition testing by the EDPA, the candidate must start by completing and submitting the following with the Application:
Credential Documents (copies of):
- EDPA Certification Certificate
- License(s) held in State you work in. (if state requires)
- Continuing Education Documentation (last two years)
- Reference Letters: 2 clients and 2 Veterinarians